Mobile Application Testers
Constraint Technologies is actively developing innovative mobile application technologies for the aviation industry. These cross-platform applications for the smart phone and tablet media require manual testing of the GUI across the iOS/Android/Windows/Linux platforms and the Linux-based server/database architecture requires maintenance of existing test cases and continued addition of new ones to the proprietary regression test framework.
To meet these requirements, we are looking for testers with varied experience levels who are well-versed with the current trends in mobile applications and come from a relevant IT background at university. The candidates will be expected to show keen acumen and quick grasping skills as they will be on a fast learning curve due to the current pace of development in the organisation. They will be responsible for testing all aspects of the architecture, both client and server side and this will involve a considerable degree of manual testing of the GUI.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Design and document test cases based on the functional requirements
- Conduct manual testing of the GUI
- Design and conduct manual system integration systems
- Create automated functional, system integration and regression tests through the use of scripting or programming languages.
- Liaising with the developers and team leads in issue tracking
- Support customer UAT processes locally
- Generating test reports
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix
- Basic scripting/programming skills (Shell scripting/C++ preferred)
- Understanding of software testing principles
- Previous testing experience
Other assessed criteria:
- Knowledge of mobile applications on iOS and Android platforms
- Organisational, Inter-personal and Documentation skills
- Thoroughness of approach to tasks and lateral thinking
- Proactive attitude and responsible work ethic
- A CV
- A cover letter describing your interest in the position and what you can bring to the role.
- Salary is negotiable based on experience.
Please send your application to email@example.com